MINI CART

ECWID SHOP

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

wip it wednesday- granny's garden path edition

my gram taught me to crochet when i was about 8 or 10 years old...she started me out on the traditional granny square and i made a blanket out of one big square...i'm not sure if she knew any other stitches...she made all of her kids and grandkids a blanket for their bed with a matching pillow...my sister's and mine were pink and white...slightly different so we could tell them apart...with fringe...

throughout the years, i've taught myself many different stitches and learned to read patterns...but there's something about a granny square that keeps me coming back...i'm currently working on a pattern called 'grandma's garden path' designed by deanna krieg for herschner's...it's a great way to use up extra skeins or bits of yarn from other projects...but i designed mine around yarn that came to me as a gift...i'm not sure i would do a project of this size in hexagon blocks again...but it has taught me a great deal of patience and takes me back to my gram and her granny squares....


No comments:

Post a Comment